The Venice Golf Club, the only golf course in Venice, can rightfully claim the title of eldest club in the region and among the oldest ones in Italy. Its foundation and opening date as far back as 1928 and 1930, respectively.
18 holes, par 72 course, 6039 metres from normal standards and 6199 from championship tees. It was built in 1928 and enlarged to 18 holes in 1951 in a spectacular strip of land between the Adriatic Sea and the Lagoon of Venice. It shares several links features and the bora and sirocco winds that often impact the course, increase the challenge and require game control to hit the greens, which are well protected by bunkers.